Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Me.

I have been very bad. I have been entirely neglecting to update this blog, and today have decided to pull up my socks.

Photography has always been a source of joy to me. A place that is very much mine, that grounds me, inspires me, humbles me, and makes my heart sing. A place where I can feel ok when I am not, where I can be me...when I don't feel like I am fitting in my own shoes. It allows me to reflect on what really matters, where I can see beauty in places I would never otherwise look. I am just a girl though, and sometimes life knocks me about a bit. And so, between balancing being a mom to my beautiful kids, and showing horses (my other hearts desire), being a wife to my incredibly patient husband Ben, and managing a photography business.....well....sometimes I flail around a bit, grasping whatever edges I can so I don't find myself sinking into an oblivion of hasty decisions, overwhelming desires, and just plain life, unplanned. Every new day is unchartered. It would be so nice on some levels if we could plan it all out, know what what was going to happen in advance.....but life does have a habit of happening despite whatever plans we think we have made for it.

I just want to say to my clients and my family and friends, thank you. Thank you for being an endless support to a girl who sometimes takes on too much. Thank you for believing in me...not just for believing in my work, but for believing in me as a person. I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have such overwhelming support in all that I do that makes me, well....me.

And for those of you who don't, but may be considering using me for your photography needs. I want to be real. I love to laugh. And my most important desire and goal in each and every session I do, is to capture you. The real you. Nothing makes me happier but to capture personality, quirky and all, in your session. Love. Honesty. Beauty.

So that said, I am going to bare down and update away here. The last few months have been a ride. I can't wait to see what summer brings.

And most importantly....shoot it. From my heart.


Kaijaxx



No comments:

Post a Comment